It is unavoidable fact as a collage boy or girl to live in a dorm with minimum space and facilities because if you know the tips about dorm room decoration you will feel grateful to have a room like yours. Do not let your room to be a crash pad, dull and even lifeless. Your dorm room is a place where your personality belongs to be shown. Moreover, your dorm room should be comfortable for you as a student. These seven ideas about dorm room decoration will help you to have a haven and lively dorm room.
What kind of furniture should be put in your dorm room? The multifunctional one will be the most appropriate answer. Live far away from home is not easy and it forces you to be responsible of yourself. So, what you need is help yourself with multifunctional furniture and ease your life. A daybed which can function as a couch is one example. Or you can create extra seating by employing a daybed to futons. Make every piece of your furniture to do double duty for you.picture via my.hsj.org
2. Wall dorm room decoration
- Temporary wallpaper: if you are bored with the monotone colors in your dorm room, you can try to stick temporary wallpaper on your walls. As long as your school allow you to put it, so just express yourself trough wallpapers. Temporary wallpapers are removable and they allow you to have a bit life in your dorm.
- Posters: almost every one love posters. Put your favorite posters on the wall and let them do their magic. You can put your idol poster or your favorite film or everything. It can be denied that posters can rise up your mood only by seeing them.
- Decal: decal will cheer up your dorm room. It is another option if you cannot deal with either wallpaper or posters.
- Pictures and painting: it is a very sweet idea to hang your family pictures or your idol or perhaps your lovely pets on your dorm room wall. They can always remind you to valuable persons or things in your life
3. Cute stuff
- Table lamp: being a student with minimum budget is not a reason for stopping you to have some cute stuff, especially for girl. Cute table lamp not only lights your room but also your eyes.
- Speakers: speaker is like a-must-stuff for school boy or girl. You can find so many designs of speaker today. An animal shape speaker or the colorful one will be very cute to be put in your desk.
- Put your signature in glass or mugs: it does not mean to show off, but it is very sweet if you put your signature on your glass or mug. You will look very standout while walking through room to room holding your favorite mugs.
- Food storage: you must be very proud to welcome your friends in your dorm room and offer them some snacks stored in cute food storage.
4. Dorm room color
You cannot have a dull and lifeless dorm. So, color your room with lively colors.
- The bold colors like white can bring elegant atmosphere,
- while the bright color will cheer not only your room but also your day.
- Nature colors such as sky blue or green leaves offer calmness and freshness into your room.
5. Make best use of storage space
Select a space for your belongings. You can use box or basket but one which is attractive to store your belongings. Avoid displaying creams and lotions on your cupboard, keeping them in a prepared place instead.Picture via dormdesign.tumblr.com
6. Bring the home in your dorm
Sometimes when you in your dorm, you will remember about the family. How easy and fun to live with them. But you cannot go home as you want because you have to study here. So, bring some things from home can be a good therapy for your family-miss sickness. But not only work as your therapy of family-miss sickness, but bring some stuff from home can save your belt. You can bring your old bed from home, instead of buying a new one. Or you may bring from-home dining appliance as well.
7. “Live” touch
Living things such as plants or animals can live your dorm as well. Plant some greenery in pots and put it in your desk or shelves. In this case, cactus is the best ever choice. It does not need a lot of water and it is just simple to take care of cactus. You can put some small colorful fish in your dorm as well. Swimming fish in small jar can relax your tiring day.picture via
Remembering your job as a student, you have to make sure that your dorm room is as comfortable as possible. A messy and lifeless dorm room has the possibility to increase your stress. You need to comfort yourself. So, some dorm room decoration tips are needed to avoid the lifeless and dull dorm room. And let’s drop someone’s jaw with your amazing dorm room.